Can I sign up or report in person or over the phone?
- At this time, registration is online only. For best response and recognition, please use our SRC forms.
Does my child need to have a library card to join?
- No, the child only has to reside in the East Islip Public Library district. But a card will allow access to Live-brary online services and programs which require registration.
What will you do with the SRC form information I give you?
- This information will only be used to award prizes and recognize each child's achievements in the library and school district.
Could you tell me more about the prizes?
- Prizes will be distributed during or after the program. When we have more information, we will email each registrant and update this FAQ page.
Will there still be contests for children in the Independent Readers Club?
- Yes! Our popular contests are available for those children registered in the Independent Readers Club.
What about reading very long books. Are they counted differently?
- Books between 351 - 700 pages equal 2 books, and those between 701 - 1000 pages equal 3 books. Congratulations on being a great reader!
In the past, babies and toddlers have done early literacy activities rather than listening to books. Can my child do that instead?
- We always encourage caregivers to share early literacy activities and have some suggestions here. However, at this time listening to books is how we are measuring participation.
More questions about our Summer Reading Club? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org